It’s important to say that UDS is a game and is not intended to be a full and accurate simulation of the sport of soccer (if it was then matches would be 90 minutes long!). As with any video game, part of the game is to discover how different attributes affect the game, whilst managing elements of unpredictability inherent in any real football match.
It is intended though that the attributes & behaviours have a meaningful bearing on gameplay in line with real life strengths and attributes of players.
Here is some background information:
- This attribute affects how fast a player can run at top speed.
- A player’s top speed decreases when dribbling, inversely proportional to their SKILL value. So, a player with a high SKILL value will dribble faster than a player who has a lower SKILL value, but shares the same SPEED value.
- This attribute also controls the player’s acceleration; how quickly a player can reach their top speed.
- All this combined means that it’s entirely possible for a player with a lower SPEED value to run faster than a player with higher SPEED value, whether they are dribbling or not.
- This attribute controls the impact on a player when two players come together or collide. A higher value compared to the other player means that player will be less impacted by a collision, and therefore more able to gain or maintain control of the ball, or complete execution of a kick.
- This attribute also affects the tackling range of the player. A higher strength value means the player can tackle from further away from the ball.
- This attribute also provides a small boost to the player’s jumping height.
- This attribute controls the power and distance that a player can kick or head the ball with.
- SKILL (SKL)
- This attribute affects a variety of elements around a player’s skill or natural ball control ability.
- Higher values mean:
- A player can curl the ball more when kicking
- A player can kick the ball more accurately to the target destination (less potential error is applied to kicks).
- A player’s speed reduces by less when dribbling
- A player has a greater chance of performing ‘skill’ kicks such as Rabonas and Overhead Kicks
- A player has a greater chance of using ‘skill’ controls, such as heel-chops etc.
- This attribute affects a how players respond to situations around them.
- Higher values mean a player reacts more quickly to a meaningful change of direction of the ball, for example a kick, turn, or deflection.
This is equivalent to STRENGTH, but also:
- Higher values mean a keeper is more likely to save or catch the ball when under pressure from opponents.
- Higher values mean:
- Keepers can save shots at higher distances
- Keepers can save shots at higher speeds
This is equivalent to RESPONSE but also:
- Higher values mean a keeper has a lower reaction time and a higher save success rate.