I love this game. Since my SNES days I do not remember liking a game like that so much. Thank you.
I have some ideas for future versions, some simpler, others more complex:
1) When giving (and winning) the bid to start the match with possession of the ball, also receive the right to use the official shirt of your team.
2) Sometimes in the middle of a match real life calls us. A call to pick up, a pizza to receive, etc ... My suggestion is that a "Draw by mutual agreement" option is created - if the opponent accepts the match will immediately end in a draw.
3) If a match ends in a draw, instead of going straight to the penalties, allow both players to vote on the possibility of an 'extra time' - if both accept then they will have another 2 minutes of game on a 'golden goal' style.
4) 'Stamina' - a green 'stamina' bar over each player's head. Basically the more 'stamina' the better the player's reaction as well as pass quality, speed and everything else. It is obvious that the more the player is used his 'stamina' will ofc reduce a bit each time.
5) For obvious reasons the names of captains do not appear for the opponents. I agree with that because of the cursing names ppl used to use. My idead is that If the captain's name is in a list of names of famous players allowed, then the real name of the captain will appear to the opponents.
Romário, Pelé, Garrincha, Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo, CR7 and so..