Dear FTG team, thank you for the nice game.
Please realize that if hundreds of people, may it be here or on the google/apple play store, tells you the same thing it's not because they're a bunch of lunatics. There is a real unsatisfaction for some aspects of the game, and the fairness of it.
First of all, the volley. It's a sentence, each game where you don't "buy" the start kick, you will receive a goal by header from the Bulldozer or the Hammer.
It's not the formation, but the use most people make of it, and the overpower of high players. I use 3 5 2 with a Jet and a Poacher in attack, and don't use volley (actually I have a level 9 Matsumoto sitting on the bench).
The core problem is the bug with the headers: Novak or Matsumoto basically can score with a header from OUTSIDE the little area of the penalty. That is not realistic, and simply ridicoulous. Even the two guys from the youtube Creativerogers, wich you support by giving them super and gold players at level 10 for test, are telling this.
And the second problem is that the Artificial Intelligence is super invasive. I mean, even a level 10 player can have a bad day, or a couple of bad games, but it looks like your ability in the game count something like 40%, and the remaining 60% is luck, rebounds, arbitrary fouls, etc. It feels that, after you hard earn your skills and high level for your players it still has a very low impact in a game, when in a tournament a level 6 explorer runs out a level 10 intruder or jet.
I repeat, it's fine if it happens once in a while, but in each game there are pure Benny Hill's comedy moments, defenders that make tackles 5 virtual meters away from the striker. - A.I. is invasive. A lot.
And now Thunder, another high and slow player. It looks like you're encouraging volley.
If the speed players, like Jet and Speedsters, are programmed like blind horses that run without regards of the lines of the field, or going right in the hands of a keeper (they have dribbling abilitites, but they DON'T DRIBBLE!!!!), it looks obvious that guys who wants to win will freeze the game with 4 hammers, two commanders, major, two guards and Matsumoto. It's ugly. Improve the intelligence of your speedy players, that could help.
Another idea might be, in a next update, that except for guards and explorer, wich the game already gives in pair, you CANNOT have two equal players on the field. No two or three (one time i counted 5 in a team) Hammers, two commanders, two menaces etc. I know that it won't change much since it's easy to readjust your team anyway, but it would be a signal.
I suggest you, in your tests, to play in infinity arena a little bit longer, against real players, and you will see that we are not a bunch of crazy and whiny losers.
Thanks for reading this.